If you have an urgent medical issue that cannot wait until our next business day, but you don’t think your issue is a medical emergency that warrants an ER visit, you may visit the Burnaby Urgent and Primary Care Clinic which runs 5pm to 9pm on weekdays, 2pm to 8pm on Saturdays, and 12pm to 6 pm on Sundays. Unlike a regular walk-in clinic which is subject to a daily volume cap, the Urgent Care Clinic will not close their door before their scheduled shift ends. Check out their hours and service details.
Mango Medical Clinic also provides after-hour telephone coverage for our patients’ urgent medical issues. Please note:
- This service is only available to patients who have been seen at Mango Clinic (including walk-in patients who have been seen before).
- The doctors at Mango take turns covering this service, and they usually have a full day scheduled the next day, so please be mindful and only call for urgent medical issues.
- Since BC MSP does not cover the service of assessing urgent medical issues over telephone after-hours, a fee of $85 (set by Society of General Practitioners and subject to change) is applicable per phone call. The fee is payable by calling our office or upon your next medical appointment.
- The on-call doctor will do his best to assess the urgency of your medical issue and may recommend treatment suggestions, an urgent next-day appointment at the clinic, and/or when you should visit the emergency room.
- As the doctor cannot physically see or examine you, you understand that the doctor’s assessment may be limited.
- You accept the risks involved in having a medical discussion with the doctor, who may be in a public space, over a conventional telephone or cellphone line, which includes privacy breach, loss of signal, or miscommunication.
You may call our usual phone number and connect to the On-Call doctor by following the telephone prompts.